Sunshine Blogger Award
I was just nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Our Little Red House.
It’s so nice to be new to the Blogging community and have such a warm welcome. I don’t know 11 people with blogs to nominate but this just gives me the encouragement and motivation to spend some time reading and getting to know new bloggers. Thank you so much for thinking of me and even more for taking the time to read my story.
I’m so happy to have become part of this warm community. It’s very hard to start a blog. Well, it’s easy but once I got mine all set up, I sat for hours trying to think of something to write about. I almost gave up. With this nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award but how can I walk away from such a great opportunity to get to know such nice, creative, people and their stories now? And yours is heart warming and funny and cute and also sprinkled with little gems of great advice!
If you haven’t been to Our Little Red House yet, go check it out!! The blog, not the house because showing up at her front door would be weird. There are lots of crafty and useful tips wrapped in a story of a beautiful life in a very small town.
Ok, here we go….
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their post.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- Display the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in your post and/or your blog
Here are my questions from Our Little Red House.
1.What movie can you watch over and over again without getting tired of it?
Oh so many. I would have to say, at the moment, it would be Moana. My grandson is a year and almost a half and he is currently obsessed with Moana. It’s a cute little movie and if not for his happy little face and his reaction to each part, I don’t think I could sit and watch it one more time. Although, secretly, I find myself watching the end at times when his mommy picks him up in the middle of it and I’m left alone.
2.Where did you get most of the decorations for your home?
Sometimes, I make them myself and from occasionally I will wander into Homegoods. I love that store but I’m not a shopper so the other half from my amazing, talented, designer, decorator bestie, Robert. He is always popping in with little gifts and moving thing around. I suppose that would be a good post for my blog in the future. I better get busy cleaning and taking pics of my house!!!
3. If animals could talk, which animal do you think would be the most annoying?
This one is easy! A PUG! Although my beautiful (I’m probably the only one who would every describe her as beautiful) Pearl has passed on a few months ago. She was the most annoying animal because barked and squealed at everything. EVERYTHING!! Even though she couldn’t use words to communicate, she did talk. She had an opinion about everything. EVERYTHING!! She was a great source of amusement for us all. Our little Queen of Stinkiness is very much missed.
4. What was the last photo you took?
Taken at Quarterdeck, Dania Pier in Dania, Florida. Near Fort Lauderdale.
5. Where are some unusual places you have been?
Top of the list, my head. It is a very strange, unusual place. I will invite you all in from time to time. I’m pretty sure it’s not normal but it’s worth the wild ride.
Key West because there are some strange birds down there.
6. What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
I have to be the worst joke teller on the planet. I don’t even know one but here’s the funny part. Sometimes, I will come home and try to repeat a joke one of my clients has told me and I get “crickets” every time. So, I guess the joke’s on me.
7. What do you think you are much better at than you actually are?
Dancing! I was a ballet dancer growing up. That I was pretty good at but going out on the town for a night of friends and fun and dancing, not so much. UNTIL…. I get a couple glasses of wine down. Then I become the female version of John Travolta! I mean I am a fabulous dancer. Everyone watches and points and smiles when I’m not looking. You know, because they know I’m having a great time and also because my dancing is top notch entertainment!! Right?
8. What is the most ridiculous thing you have bought?
Once again, I have to mention, My Pug. I should’ve known when the sales lady asked 3 times, “are you sure?” And then again when she said, “she’s kinda crazy” and then when I saw the folder with Pearls paperwork, the price was $1200 and then crossed out and replaced with $1000. Then crossed out and replaced with $800…… $600. I got that damn dog for $400!!! Smh.
9. What was the best thing that happened to you today?
Of course, getting nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!!
10. What are some of the best vacations you’ve had?
Several places I have in mind. Key West, although, I enjoy all the little Keys above as well. I went to New Hampshire to see my cousins when I was 9. Rode a horse for the first time and It was also my first time smelling a skunk but we don’t like to talk about that. However, at the top of my list at the moment, would have to be my recent and first time trip to Colorado. I could see myself living on the side of a mountain out there because it’s just beautiful!!
11. What happens in your country regularly that people in most countries would find strange or bizarre?
OH! Don’t even get me started!!! I’m huge fan of clean eating. I know there are some crazy menu items all over the world but overall, I find that what we do to the food (some of it I’m not sure you can even call it food) we eat in the U.S. is the strangest and most bizarre.
Here are my nominations but first, I’ll take a page from Our Little Red House and say that it’s ok if you choose not to participate. I hope that you all do because I’m looking forward to reading your answers. I’m so new to this that I don’t even follow 11 people but I’m going to start reading now and find some blogs to follow and I’m hoping that at least some if not all, will lead to some new friends, stories, adventures and maybe I’ll learn a few new things along the way.
- Restless Roots
- Polished by Amy
- Live laugh rv
- RV Chickadee
- Steve daPonte Photography
- Big Adventures
- Tierne Creates
- Mary Blanche
Here are my questions.
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, for the first time, where would it be?
- What spot in or around your home is “your spot”? and everyone knows it! (Or is that just me?)
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is something someone said that sticks in your mind and possibly changed your life? In other words, words you live by.
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- Do you do #6 for a living?
- Where do you get your best blogging advice?
- Where do you find your blogging inspiration?
- Do you have a “life” plan or are you just seeing where “life” takes you?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve done in your life?
In conclusion, I hope my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award and also new to me bloggers will have fun with this list of questions. In the end look forward to seeing who I will connect with. Once again, thank you to Our Little Red House for the nomination and for pushing me out there and as a result, giving me the encouragement to get more involved.